Wednesday, February 6, 2008

More Stupid

I have a solution said the HR director. I will arrange with the group CFO for you to receive an extra bonus that will cover a large part, at least 50%, of the money you did not receive from the stock options. And next year you will definitely receive stock options. Our hero had lost faith in the company. He did not believe a word he heard. But he could not do anything at that point. When will I receive this bonus? he asked. In about 4 months. Are you sure? our hero asked. You have my word he said. Listen, our relationship is seriously damaged our hero replied. I have done a hell of a job in Peru, a very difficult country far away from home. What do I get in return? You lower my agreed compensation by 50%. However I will show good faith one more time and wait for the extra bonus. It is the least you can do. And even with this you will only cover part of my agreement. Our hero decided to give them one more chance. He would wait for the extra bonus. If he would receive it would be a positive sign that the company had the intention to correct this unfortunate (for him and his family) situation. OK he said to the HR director. I will wait for the bonus. But if I do not receive it, I will go home. I am not staying in Peru for the same money I received in Greece. I would be even more stupid then.

No comments: