Monday, February 4, 2008

Calm Down

In the afternoon our hero finally had time to meet the HR director. This discussion would be quite shocking and would be the beginning of the alteration of his relationship with the group. The HR director informed him that he would not be entitled to stock options. A restriction had been set regarding employment in the company. An employee would be entitled to stock options only if would be working at least two years in the company. Our hero could not believe his ears. Nearly half of his agreed annual compensation just disappeared. You can’t be serious he said. This is a disaster for me. I showed good faith and this what you do to me? Without stock options my decision to join the company is stupid: I moved to Peru with the nearly the same money I made with my wife in Greece! Calm down said the HR director. Calm down? Easy for you to say!

No comments: