Thursday, November 15, 2007

Stock Options

Besides medical insurance, which of course is included in the package, you will also have a furniture allowance for you house, he continued. Furthermore, and this is the good part, you will have stock options. Our company compensates its high level executives with stock options each year. You of course will be included in this program. What amounts are we talking about, our hero asked? I cannot tell you exactly, but I estimate at least an amount equal to your total annual salary. This means double money! What do you think of our offer now, the HR director asked? This sounded very attractive to our hero. This meant that his family’s income would be more than doubled compared to what they are currently making. With this amount, the risk is worth it, he thought. When can I have it in writing he asked? Don’t worry, the friend said. I will send it to you by tomorrow. The only thing I want from you is to find a good investment in the country that you are going, in order for us to invest together. You see, I am also receiving stock options. Leave the rest to me.

No comments: